I love that word.
I also love the word "ominous;" as in...
Before the storm, the skies looked ominous. Sinister is another one I like to use and can oftentimes be used interchangeably with ominous. Both words are a bit dark and twisty. What does that say about me? Hmmm. Don't answer that question.
When I was in Junior High, I had a friend who had an equal interest in vocabulary. She went so far as to make a list, though, of words she absolutely hated.
Among the words my friend Kate disliked were: sweet, muffins and bloated.
I personally like the word muffins. I also like muffins. I wonder how Kate ever felt about cupcake?
The reason I've been AWOL lately?
- helping Jenna complete her 4-H projects
- running Jenna back/forth to county fair judging
- and then state fair judging
- our church VBS five nights in a row
- getting casts removed from 2 of my 3 children's arms
- purchasing school supplies for 3 children
- planning an early birthday party
- scheduling and/or hosting playdates/sleepovers for any number of my 3 children
- attending to PTO responsibilities at my children's elementary school
- preparing to launch a Kid's Morning Out preschool-type program at my church (where I will teach one morning a week)
- preparing to leave for a 4 day trip to Wisconsin to visit my husband's sister and her family
- trying to enjoy some summer fun with my kids before the grind of homework, and packing lunches and early wake-up calls and soccer and karate and tennis and swimming lessons/practices begins again.